Ship Registration: Law and Practice
Extracts from UK Merchant Shipping (Registration of Ships) Regulations 1993
Extracts from UK Merchant Shipping (Registration of Ships) Regulations 19931
- (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Merchant Shipping (Registration of Ships) Regulations 1993 and shall come into force on 21st March 1994.
- (2) In these Regulations unless the context otherwise requires:
- “the Act” means the Merchant Shipping (Registration, etc) Act 1993;
- “application for registration” includes, except where otherwise stated, application for registration of a ship or share in a ship; application for registration of a small ship; application for re-registration of the same; and application for the registration of a transfer or transmission of a ship or a share in a ship; but not application for the renewal of registration;
- “appropriate person” means in relation to a port in a country outside the British Islands:
- (a) any British consular officer within whose consular district the port lies; or
- (b) where Her Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom is represented in that country by a High Commissioner, any member of the High Commissioner’s official staff nominated by him for the purposes of these Regulations; or
- (x) where that country is a colony, the Governor of the colony or any person appointed by him for those purposes;
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber, click login button.Login