cookie settings, please see our
The formal ratifications of this Convention shall be communicated to the Director-General of the International Labour Office for registration.
As soon as the ratification of the five Members mentioned in the second paragraph of Article XXIV have been registered, the Director-General of the International Labour Office shall so notify all the Members of the International Labour Organization. He shall likewise notify them of the registration of ratifications which may be communicated subsequently by other Members of the Organization.
1. This Convention shall be binding only upon those Members of the International Labour Organization whose ratifications have been registered with the Director-General.
2. It shall come into force six months after the date on which there have been registered by the Director-General of the International Labour Office the ratifications of five Members of the Organization each of which has a mercantile marine tonnage of not less than one million tons.
3. Thereafter, this Convention shall come into force for any Member six months after the date on which its ratification has been registered.
1. A Member which has ratified this Convention may denounce it after the expiration of five years from the date on which the Convention first comes into force, by an act communicated to the Director-General of the International Labour Office for registration. Such denunciation shall not take effect until one year after the date on which it is registered.
2. Each Member which has ratified this Convention and which does not, within the year following the expiration of the period of five years mentioned in the preceding paragraph, exercise the right of denunciation provided for in this Article, will be bound for another period of five years and, thereafter, may denounce this Convention at the expiration of each period of five years under the terms provided for in this Article.
1. Should the Conference adopt a new Convention revising this Convention in whole or in part, then, unless the new Convention otherwise provides,
2. This Convention shall in any case remain in force in its actual form and content for those Members which have ratified it but not ratified the revising Convention.
1. In respect of the territories referred to in Article XXXV of the Constitution of the International Labour Organisation, each member of the Organisation which ratifies this Convention shall append to its ratification a declaration stating -
2. The undertakings referred to in subparagraphs (a) and (b) of paragraph 1 of this Article shall be deemed to be an integral part of the ratification and shall have the force of ratification.
3. Any Member may by a subsequent declaration cancel in whole or in part any reservations made in its original declaration in virtue of subparagraphs (b), (c) or (d) of paragraph 1 of this Article.
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online subscribers.
If you are already a subscriber, click Log In button.